TWELVE LIFE RULES
1. Your life is a story which YOU invent. Past, present, future, moment to moment, all your history, all the stories about your history. You choose it, you can change it. If you are going to invent your life, invent a good one, make it your own, not someone else’s story, make it dynamic, exciting, enjoyable. Don’t invent a ‘no can do victim’, invent ‘a can do hero!’
2. This is it!. This moment. There is nothing else. If you aren’t present, fully alive to it, in it, enjoying it, you just missed it!
3. Life is as it is. It has ups and downs, highs and lows. Everyone’s life does. Learn to accept it. Be with it, be in it, be it.
4. Life is perfect. As it is. It must be! What is is! That is perfect.
5. You do the best you can ALL the time. If you could do better you would, but you did what you did. That was the best you could do in that moment with your experience in those conditions. See yourself as the best all the time. The best in the moment.
6. The past is the past. Complete the uncompleted and leave it behind.
7. Be true to yourself. Your own vision is the one that counts. Your own morals, your own ethics, your own sense of purpose and justice.
8. Accentuate the positive. Look for the positive, focus on the positive, love the positive. This enhances, builds, encourages, inspires.
9. Take responsibility. Your life is your own. Don’t blame others for anything.
10. Be aware of your attitude. That’s what sets the tone for the moment, the hour, the day. What attitude lies behind what you do and what you say.
11. Actions speak louder than words. It’s action that count, not thoughts, ideas, feelings. What you do tells you who, what and how you are.
12. Love conquers all. Love yourself first and then everyone else, not the other way round. Put yourself first, then you can help others, not the other way round.